Gluten is the protein present in wheat, rye, and barley. Celiac disease is not the only problem that can be connected with gluten intolerance. If you are gluten intolerant, it does not mean that you have a full-blown Celiac disease. However, great part of people that are gluten intolerant or have Celiac disease are never diagnosed.
Read the following symptoms and check if you are gluten intolerant:
1. If you are gluten intolerant, you may experience digestive problems such as bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. You can easily discover if dealing with gluten intolerance because these problems take place after consuming something that includes gluten.
2. “Chicken skin”, also known as Keratosis pilaris, on the back of your arms may occur because of the lack of fatty acid and vitamin A.
3. Autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis may be diagnosed. Celiac disease is classified as an autoimmune disease.
4. You may experience some neurological symptoms, such as dizziness. These different neurological symptoms can have an effect on your ability to function. Usually, they happen within about an hour after consuming food that contains gluten.
5. PMS, PCOS, unexplained infertility are some of the hormone imbalances that may be triggered by gluten intolerance. There are studies that study the link between gluten intolerance and polycystic ovarian syndrome, premenstrual syndrome and unexplained fertility. These problems can get worse if you are gluten intolerant and consume gluten.
6. Migraine headaches and brain fog are some other problems you can come upon too. Depending on the intolerance level, you may experience one of these conditions. However, both of these problems lead to depression, difficult concentration, and inability to complete normal daily tasks.
7. After consuming food with gluten, you may feel tired. If your doctor diagnose you with chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, it may be triggered by gluten. Moreover, gluten intolerance can trigger problems with your natural sleep patterns, even though you take a good night rest.
8. Another condition that can be caused is inflammation, pain or swelling in your hips, fingers or knees. Many people who are dealing with these problems link them with tiredness. However, numbness in extremes and joint pain are frequent symptoms of gluten intolerance.
9. Anxiety, mood swings, ADD, and depression are some mood issues that can be triggered. These mood problems cannot be explained. Some of them may occur because of interruptions in sleep, but for most of them occur without any reason.
10. It can lower your immunity. If you’re prone to frequently getting sick, you should consider gluten to potentially be an issue.
See If You Are Gluten Intolerant
You can discover your gluten intolerance by remove it from your diet for 2-3 weeks and then start consuming it again. Gluten takes months or even years to clear from your system, so it is better to avoid gluten for a longer period before adding it to your diet again.
Gluten is a problem for you if you feel better without consuming it and feel considerably bad after consuming it again.
How to treat this problem?
If you are gluten intolerant, you must eliminate it from your diet 100%. Immune reaction in the body can be caused even by trace amounts of gluten from cross contamination or medications or supplements.
People with celiac disease who consume gluten once a month have an increased risk of death by 600%.