Epsom salt baths are great for relaxing the whole body and soak in the benefits of magnesium. If you don’t have enough time to take a bath, you can get the same benefits with an Epsom salt foot soak.
Why is it good to use Epsom salt:
When Epsom salt is added to water, the minerals are easily absorbed through the skin. This is the best way to boost your magnesium. When getting the magnesium through the skin, not through food, it is less affected by stomach acids and digestive enzymes.
The magnesium levels run down when we are under stress or have anxiety too.
According o a study, a 20 minutes foot soak every day results in a significant boost in overall magnesium level in 4 weeks.
Also, it is very helpful in increasing the serotonin in the brain, which makes you feel good and relaxed.
Cardiovascular Benefits of Epsom Salts
Epsom salts can help the cardiovascular system by boosting circulation, elasticity of the arteries, and lowering inflammation. Also, it can even lower blood pressure.
Additional Benefits Include:
– Flush out toxins
– Increase and absorb magnesium
– Reduce stress and anxiety
– Relieve muscle aches, pain, and cramping
– Eliminates odors
– Treats foot fungus
– Helps regulate blood sugar
If you do the Epsom salt foot soak, you will feel the difference in just 20 minutes of soaking your feet. You will feel calmer and more relaxed, too. If you do it every night, your sleep will improve as well.
How to do an Epsom Salt Foot Soak?
You will need:
– A large container of any kind big enough to soak your feet in
– 1/4 cup of Epsom salts
– Warm water (Not too hot, or you won’t get the optimum benefits)
If you want some additional benefits, you can add:
– Essential oils, like a drop or two of lavender. Lavender aids relaxation and gives a soothing and calming effect. This is especially helpful to use near bed time. Many people say it helps them to sleep easier.
– Some like to add in ginger or cayenne to boost detoxifying benefits.
– A few tablespoons of baking soda can also be included to help with detoxification and also soften your skin.
– Add the Epsom salt to your container and add warm water enough to come up to your ankles when you put your feet in.
It is good to soak your feet for 30-45 minutes every night or at least a few times a week. Some say it is recommended to do so at least a full 40 minutes in order the body has time to eliminate toxins and completely absorb the magnesium.
I’ve seen such great benefits from doing it, I hardly ever skip a night! It’s easy to make and quick to do. You should try it!