Is the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” true or it exists only to make you consume apples?
Apple is an amazing food and it is the most cultivated fruit on the planet. It is rich in fiber, flavanoids and antioxidants.
- Phytonutrientsinclude beta-carotene, Vitamin A and Vitamin E which eases the effects of asthma and fights against heart diseases.
- Vitamin Cis the most important vitamin in the human body because it boosts the overall health and the immunity.
- Quercetin is a flavanoid type that improves the health of the skin and eliminates free radicals.
- Boron is a substance that promotes strong and healthy bones.
- Pectin is highly presented in the apple that controls the bad cholesterol and decreases the levels of glucose and blood pressure in the human body.
These are the benefits if you consume apples for two months:
- The high amounts of antioxidants in apple make this fruit powerful in the fight against cancer. Apple fights terminal diseases.
- The presence of insoluble fiber in apples help food move smoothly through the digestive tract.
- Most of the vitamins in apple are found under the skin, so consume the fruit with their skin.
- The consumption of apples increases good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol level.
- Studies have shown that people who regularly consume apples have a lower stroke rate.
- Qercetin, which is also present in apples, maintains healthy state of mind and boosts neurological health.
Moreover, the consumption of apples includes many other benefits, such as preventing tooth decay, cleaning of teeth and so on.
Apples are good source of nutrients that fill the stomach and can be consumed in great quantities because do not include high calorie content.
This does not mean that you can avoid the doctor completely, but you can live a happier and healthier life.