Since health diseases are becoming rampant nowadays, people are starting to take their health seriously. Some are dedicated in changing how they live their lives through lifestyle change. Regular exercise and a strict diet can help improve your health. However, limiting yourself from eating can also limit your vitamins, minerals and nutrients intake.
You no longer need to limit yourself when it comes to the food you eat. They key is to choose wisely and eat accordingly. It is advisable to eat at least five small meals a day in order to improve your metabolism. Choosing what you feed your body is extremely important, as you need to choose food that gives the right amount of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs.
Eating nutritious food starts with what you purchase in the groceries or supermarkets. Avoid processed foods as well as foods that are high in sodium, sugar and fat. Once you have purchased your food, all you need is a healthy recipe that can transform any dull diet food into a superb meal.
If you or your kids are picky eaters, this healthy recipe will surely make you enjoy eating vegetables. Simply follow these steps:
– Prepare ½ cup of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, 1 egg, ¼ cup of milk, 1 cup of grated carrots, 1 cup of grated zucchini, 2 sliced green onions and 2 tablespoons of oil.
– Stir the flour, salt, pepper and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
– Beat the egg, milk, zucchini, green onions and carrots in another mixing bowl.
– Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.
– Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
– Pour the batter on the skillet and cook for two minutes until both sides are golden brown.