As a person ages, the elastin and collagen structure of the skin loses elasticity and starts to sag. Aging is not the only factor that causes this condition of the skin. The excessive exposure to harmful sun rays, excessive smoking, regular intake of alcoholic beverages, obesity, pregnancy, rapid weight loss, a poor diet, use of wrong skin care products, dehydration and use of harsh chemicals on the skin, also contribute to saggy skin.
You don’t have to use cosmetics or some of the more conventional skin care products to tighten your skin. The same effect can be achieved through the use of some natural products. All you have to do is go through your kitchen and find the needed ingredients to start your natural skin tightening treatment.
Here are the best remedies for sagging skin:
Egg whites are a natural astringent, and due to the skin nourishing ingredients it contains helps lift loose skin.
– Whish 1 or 2 eggs until you get foamy texture. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off.
– You can also use 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of yogurt and whisk it. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it for 25 minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off.
Use either of these solutions twice a week.
Lemon juice has natural skin tightening and anti-inflammatory properties. It works in a way that closes open pores and refines course skin, restores elasticity and reduces wrinkles.
– Rub lemon juice on your face and leave the juice on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Repeat this 2 or 3 times a day. After every treatment with lemon juice apply good-quality moisturizer.
The use of Aloe vera for skin tightening is safer and more economical option than surgical procedures. It is a natural moisturizer and the malic acid it contains helps improve the elasticity of the skin and get rid of sagging skin.
– Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Do this this several times a week.
Cucumber is considered as one of the best natural skin toners that refresh the skin.
– Squeeze half a cucumber through a strainer and gently massage your face and neck with this juice. Leave it until it dries and then rinse it off with cold water.
Follow this remedy once daily.
– You can also make a face mask. You will need: two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, 1 egg white and 3-5 drops of vitamin E oil. Apply this mask on your face and neck, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
You can use this mask once a week.
It is crucial that your skin is well moisturized. Massaging it with olive oil, which is rich in vitamins A and E will keep your skin firm and smooth.
– Warm a little bit some extra-virgin olive oil, apply it on your face and neck and massage gently in circular motions for 10-15 minutes.
You can repeat this every day before going to bed.
Honey is a natural moisturizer with hydrating, antioxidant and anti-aging properties which help for treating sagging skin.
– To prepare this mask you will need: 3 tablespoons of honey, few drops of both, lemon juice and olive oil. Apply it on your face and neck and let it dry. Use warm water to rinse it off.
For best results, follow his remedy twice daily.
Rose water is considered as best home remedy for treating wrinkles on skin and the best natural face lift.
– For best results apply some rose water on your face and neck before going to bed. It will tighten the capillaries just below the skin surface, and it will reduce skin conditions like redness and blotchiness.
Additional Tips for Tightening Loose Skin
– To tighten your skin, perform facial muscle exercises twice daily.
– Exfoliate your skin once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
– It is important to get eight hours of sleep each night.
– You should avoid sudden and rapid weight loss.
– Avoid exposure to the sun for prolonged periods. Use a strong SPF 15 or 30 to protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays
– A it was mentioned above, smoking and alcohol intake speed up the aging process. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol intake!
– Careful with the cosmetic products! Avoid soaps containing harsh chemicals and use cosmetic products designed for your skin type.
– Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables and drink water to keep your body nourished.
These home remedies and skin-tightening tips can help prevent and tighten sagging skin. In addition to this, if you stick to regular and healthy skin care regime will help you maintain a young-looking appearance.