A smile is a facial expression formed primarily by flexing the muscle at the sides of the mouth. Smiling and laughing can have a positive effect on your well-being and mental health. You have dental problems? You hold back your genial smile because of black spots on your teeth? You are aware of the discoloration but you are not sure what have caused it and how you can remove them? Read on to find out!
What Are Black Spots?
Black spots can occur on the front or at the back on your teeth and are caused by the erosion of the enamel on the teeth. They may also reflect poor dental hygiene and general habits. If this staining is not severe, you can try home remedies to get rid of this problem. But first you will need to identify what caused those black spots in order to treat the condition accordingly.
What Causes Black Spots?
– Eating foods that are loaded with sugar or drinking carbonated beverages help in the breeding of ground bacteria, which destroys the enamel on the teeth.
– Smoking colors your teeth brown or black.
– Consuming too much tea or coffee also causes staining.
– Chewing tobacco is another cause for black spots on the teeth.
– Not maintaining good dental care habits that include rinsing your mouth and brushing your teeth properly can also cause black spots.
Home Remedies for Black Spots on the Teeth
– Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day and rinse your mouth after every meal to get rid of any food particles deposited between your teeth.
– It is also very important to keep up with the regular flossing of your teeth and removing food particles deposits between the teeth. Those gaps are major breeding grounds for bacteria.
– Cut down on foods that contains a lot of sugar and carbonated drinks. If you cannot resist, and you eat something sweet it is important that you rinse your mouth.
– Chew on a lot of raw foods like celery which helps in cleaning your teeth and keeping your breath fresh.
– Use a straw while drinking caffeinated drinks.
– Add a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste before you brush. Baking soda has abrasive properties which help get rid of stains. You can also make a paste of baking soda with water and directly apply it in circular motion on the teeth to scrub it well and rid it of any stains.
– You can also rub the inside of an orange peel which helps in removing stains and spots from the teeth.
– Salt has been proven to be effective in cleaning your teeth. Rubbing your teeth with a pinch of salt restores the mineral content in your teeth and rubs away spots on prolonged use.
If these home remedies do not show results in the fight with the black spots on the teeth, it is best to consult a dentist to fix the discoloration.