The humble onion is found in every kitchen, but its curative powers make it an important medicinal plant too. It decreases the risk of several cancer types, boosts mood and keeps your skin and hair healthy.
Quite apart from its medicinal properties the onion is simply delicious. It forms the basis of so many dishes and it would be difficult to imagine the cuisine of any country without it.
Onions have low calories content and high nutrient content. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Because of the many benefits of onions, you can grow your own vertical onion garden in your kitchen using a plastic bottle.
Garlic – The World’s Healthiest Vegetable! This is How You Can Grow an Infinite Supply of Garlic Indoors
Follow These Steps and Grow Your Own Organic Turmeric at Home. It is FAR Better than Buying It!
These are the needed ingredients:
- 5 liter plastic bottle
- Several onion bulbs
What you should do:
- First, cut the neck of the plastic bottle.
- Then, take the scissors and cut holes around the body of the plastic bottle. The holes need to be big enough for the onions and spaced equally apart.
- Next, add the soil in the bottle until it gets to the first layer of holes.
- Place the onion bulbs at the mouth of the holes and the tip of the onion faces outward. This position is important because it makes the green sprouts grow outwards, not inward into the plastic bottle.
- Then, add some more soil in the plastic bottle to cover the onion bulbs and gets to the next row of holes.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Add soil and onion bulbs until the bottle is full.
- You can leave the neck of the bottle as it is or tape it.
This is all you need to do in order to have your own spring onion garden in a bottle.
Water the soil at the mouth of the bottle and your spring onions will be completely grown within 5-7 days.
When they are grown, just cut the stem 3 cm above the root and they will grow back within a week. And, don’t forget to water it frequently.
Article source: www.lifehealthandfood.com