Our facial muscles need exercise just as much as our body. Neglecting our facial muscles can lead to frown lines, drooping jaws and eye bags, which are far more noticeable than loose thighs.
You need to practice these exercises four times a day. The exercises may take you five minutes at the beginning, but when you will be more confident, it will take you two minutes a day. These five minutes can make a great change.
Before you start:
Before starting the exercises, do some warm up exercises in order not to strain any muscles. Sit and breathe deeply. Feel the tension release from the muscle in your body.
Neck exercises are good to start with. Keep your spine straight; gently lean the head forward and then backwards three times. Keep the jaw relaxed and breathe deeply.
Next, twist your head from side to side to look over your shoulders. Do this three times and do not force the muscles. The movements should be gentle.
Lower your right ear towards your right shoulder and hold for a count of five. Do the same on the left. Repeat the same exercise three times.
Eyes exercise is next. Keep your head still and moving only your eyes look up as high as you can for a count of five. Then, lower your eyes quickly and again hold for a count of five. Repeat the exercise three times.
Keep your head straight and look to the left and hold for a count of five. Repeat the same looking to the right and do the same exercise three times.
Next, look diagonally up to the left and then diagonally down to the left. Do it three times and then repeat the exercise on the right.
Other facial muscle exercises:
– Raise your eyebrows as high as you can and hold them for five seconds.
– Lift your eyebrows, open your eyes wide and frown at the same time.
– Pucker your lips out as far as pssible into the shape of the letter “O.” Then change your expression into a wide smile. Repeat this several times.
– Sit and look up at the ceiling. Pucker your lips and stick your tongue out to exercise your neck muscles.
– Open your mouth and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for a few seconds.
– Move your nose you can from side to side as much as you can.
Do these exercises on daily basis and you will see results fast. They will tighten, smooth and lift the face. In the same time they will erase years from your face.