Smoking is the worst habit a person can have. Besides knowing the perils it brings, people prefer lighting a cigarette instead taking care of their health.
If you are a smoker and have ever thought about what’s your best decision in life, it would be giving up smoking. You will be able to feel the health benefits of this decision immediately. Actually, in the first 20 minutes you will start enjoying the benefits of being smoking-free.
Here is what’s going to happen after quitting smoking:
- In the first 20 minutes, the levels of your blood pressure will be normalized.
- Within 8 hours, the levels of carbon monoxide in the bloodstream will be decreased by half. This will lead to normalization of the oxygen levels.
- Nicotine will be completely removed from the body within 48 hours, while your senses of taste and smell will get back to normal. Moreover, the risk of heart attack will be reduced as well.
- Within 72 hours, your energy levels will be increased and your airways will be able to relax.
- In 2 weeks, your blood circulation will be improved and this pace will be continued in the next 10 days.
- Lungs capacity will be increased by 10 percent in 3-9 months. This causes respiratory issues, such as coughing and breathing problems to decrease.
- In one year, your risk of heart attack will decrease by half.
- In 5 years, your risk of stroke will be the same as non-smokers.
- In 10 years, your risk of developing lung cancer will be the same as the one of people who don’t smoke.
- In 15 years, your risk of heart attack will be the same as non-smokers.
Article source: www.besthealthyguide.com