What Causes Shaky Hands?
Our hands shake very slightly all the time we are awake. This is due to the tiny muscle in our hands and arms that constantly contract and relax at random. It becomes an embarrassing problem when shakiness of our hands interferes with writing, holding a cup of coffee or using a knife and fork.
There are many varieties of shakiness that are difficult to describe, but if you consult a doctor he or she will recognize the type and may use the word ‘tremor’ to describe the shakiness. You might be asked to do some simple tests, such as, a blood test for thyroid overactivity.
Common causes of shaky hands are: anxiety, low blood pressure, too much coffee and tea, and ‘essential tremor’.
Less common causes are: Parkinson’s disease, medications, or overactive thyroid.
Treat Shaky Hands Naturally
In most of the cases, shaky hands can be treated naturally, using holly basil, a herb that is frequently referred to as ‘the king of herbs’, which is one of the oldest and most widely used medicinal plants.
Basil is native to India and other tropical areas of Asia, and the most common spice in Mediterranean kitchen. There are different types of basil, which differ in taste and smell. Sweet basil (the most commercially available basil used in Italian food) has a strong clove scent because of its high concentration of the chemical agent eugenol, whereas, lime and lemon basil have a strong citrus scent due to their high concentration of limonene.
The Numerous Health Benefits of Holy Basil
– It has a calming effect and it is recommended as a natural remedy for stress and nervous tension.
– It has a strong antibacterial and antiviral activity, prevents cold symptoms such as coughing and chest pain, increases appetite, and reduces flatulence in the stomach.
– Basil is also recommended for intestinal inflammation and infections of the urinary tract.
– The curability of basil comes to the fore in the fight against liver disease, muscle pain, migraines, and stomach aches.
– The juice of fresh leaves of basil is used for rinsing the mouth and throat, as it gets grid of bad breath.
– It also helps with skin diseases and insect bites.
Holy Basil Tea for Treating Shaky Hands
Use 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil and water. Pour the 250 milliliters hot boiling water over the dried basil and let it cool for 10 minutes, then strain it.
Drink the entire dose every day. You will notice the results in only 10 days.