This tropical fruit has rich flavor and healthy nutrients as well. You can consume it sliced or make it a refreshing smoothie. No matter how you prefer consuming it, papaya offers you plenty nutritious things.
These are the amazing benefits of papaya:
1. Papaya helps lowering bad cholesterol in two ways. It contains fiber that removes cholesterol along the arterial walls. Enzymes in papaya protect against oxidation of fat cells, keeping them from clogging the arteries.
2. Papaya’s enzyme papain helps digestion improvement. This tropic fruit contains inexplicable fiber that encourages regular bowel movement.
3. When consumed as a juice, papaya is good for people who suffer from colon infections because it removes pus and mucus.
4. This fruit, thanks to its enzymes with anti-inflammatory powers has positive effects on joint aches and pains caused by arthritis. If you a papaya lover, you are less likely to suffer from osteoporosis and cancer.
5. Papaya includes few calories and has healthy nutrients, making it good for those who want to keep their current weight or lose some extra pounds.
6. Papaya is full with vitamin A and C and it can improve the immune system. We recommend consuming it if you frequently have problems with cough, colds or flu.
7. Eating papaya after waking up is a great cure for nausea and morning sickness among women. Also, people who are suffering from wounds and infections that can’t heal quickly should eat papaya.
8. Regular menstruation can be supported by consuming raw papaya. In addition, consuming papaya is highly recommendable for women who struggle with menstrual cramps, joint pain and upset stomach during their menstrual periods.
9. Even papaya’s seeds should not be thrown away, because they are beneficial too. Traditional healers use this fruit’s seeds to treat intestinal worms.
10. Papaya includes antioxidants that keep the younger look and achieve a more beautiful glow. This happens because antioxidants prevent free radicals from damaging the cells, which increases the aging process.
11. Even applying the fruit directly on the skin is beneficial. You can use the pounded fleshy part of the fruit as a mask and cure pimples or acne. The enzyme papain helps eliminating dead cells and reveals a fresher and smoother skin layer.