Fig is a powerful fruit and includes many health benefits. Figs can help with asthma, bronchitis, constipation, diabetes, heart disease, piles, anemia, lowering cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
This fruit is rich in vitamins A, B, C, potassium, fiber, magnesium, and is high in calcium, meaning it develops strong bones. Figs have been consumed since 5000 B.C.
A popular herbalist from the 11th century said that if dried figs were consumed with walnuts and rue before taking a fatal potion, they can protect against toxic effects. This means that figs are capable of pulling toxins out of the body.
Fully ripened white figs are the best type of figs to be consumed. Dried figs are good too. Figs help clean the kidneys and remove poisons from these organs. Also they are popular to have the ability to clear chronic coughs and clear blockages. This fruit produce heat and go through the intestines quickly. The combination of almonds, walnuts and figs consumed on a empty stomach will present you a full meal.
Here are some facts about figs maybe you didn’t know:
– Figs boost energy, enrich diet and reduce acid levels. They are good for the ladies and nursing mothers.
– Small amount of fig chewed is enough to bring relief from dryness of the mouth during fever.
– A Japanese scientist says that figs and fig syrup are good for decreasing tumors.
– Figs have anti-ulcer and antibacterial characteristics.
– When figs taken daily, they are useful for mental illness.
– Figs can clear barriers in the liver, gallbladder and kidney. Also, they relieve inflammation in the bladder and kidneys.
– Figs are rich in mucilage which helps curing a sore throat.
– A combination of honey and figs is good for coughs.
– The mixture of powered fenugreek seeds, figs and honey is helpful for bronchial asthma.
Figs enrich diet because they include proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Either dried or fresh, figs are good for controlling weight. They include high level of fibers which helps reducing the consumption of snacks. The only down side is that figs include many calories, about 50 calories per fig.
Figs contain tryptophan, a nutrient that is good for insomnia. It promotes good sleep and assists the brain use sugars the right way. Also, this nutrient stimulates good blood circulation through the body.
Fig leaves can be used and consumed too. They have been used for diabetes, ringworm, warts and shingles. A tea made from the leaves can help with diabetes. Also, a tea from fig leaves is made and applied to the skin for skin infections.
This fruit is great for the skin. It can eliminate dark circles under the eyes, and fine lines and wrinkles too.
We offer you a recipe for glowing and healthy skin:
– After you clean the skin with a half teaspoon of yogurt, wash it well.
– Scoop the pulp out of a fig. Put this in a mortar and use a pestle to mash the contents. Add a little amount of almond oil until the mixture becomes smooth and ready to apply.
Dead skin and impurities are removed with the help of vitamin C and enzymes. Your skin will be soft, youthful and glowing. The mask can sit for five minutes top. Then wash your face and apply a moisturizer.