We must admit that antibiotics are the miracle of modern medicine. By 1940s, antibiotics started to be used worldwide so many people and doctors forgot the natural antibiotics that fight infections.
However, nature provides many potent and effective alternatives.
Here are some of the best natural antibiotics on the planet:
1. Oregano Oil
There are 40 different oregano species, but the most beneficial one is the oil produced from wild oregano, known as Origanum vulgare. Another type that is really powerful is Thymus capitatus, which grows in Spain.
The oil made from these species is golden to dark yellow, with a strong spicy smell.
These are the best ways to use oregano oil as a natural antibiotic:
– Foot or nail fungus. Put a few teaspoons of oregano oil in a small tub with water and soak your feet. You can also dilute the oil (one drop of oil with a teaspoon of olive oil) and then apply directly to nails or skin.
– Parasites and infections: Dilute the oil as described above and put it under your tongue. Hold it there for a few minutes, and then rinse your mouth with water. Do this at least four times a day.
– Sinus infections: Add a few drops of oregano oil in a pot with steaming water and inhale the steam.
2. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is also known as capsicum, which is a strong spice. It has been used for thousands of years because for its antibiotic effects and healing properties. Cayenne pepper is not just a folklore remedy, but science validates its use as a natural antibiotic too.
This spice is highly effective at resolving vulvovaginitis, a common infection in women, because it has anti-fungal and antibiotic effect.
3. Colloidal Silver
Applying colloidal silver to human subjects has given surprisingly successful results. It is rapidly fatal to microbes without any toxic effect on the subject.
A study has shown that silver not only has the power to kill bacteria, but it also kills bacteria that are resistant to all antibiotics without any side effects.
Because colloidal silver is extremely antibiotic in nature, the best option is to use it for external uses such as gargling, ear infection and skin.
4. Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE)
Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is a highly effective, natural antibiotic in fighting many common infectious agents.
The only warning is that commercial preparations of GSE have diphenol hydroxybenzene, a chemical that has questionable security and other chemicals like triclosan and parabens that can cause cancer.
So, if you want to use GSE especially internally, prepare it yourself by crushing the grapefruit seeds and the juiceless pulp and mix it with glycerin.
This natural antibiotic kills the pathogens, not just bacteria, but also fungus and viruses as well.
– Garlic includes phytochemicals and healing sulfur ingredients.
– It has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and even antiviral properties.
– Garlic acts as a prebiotic and stimulates the growth of healthy intestinal microflora.
– Garlic keeps fats from oxidizing.
– Garlic is a strong antioxidant and guards against DNA damage.
– It protects against radiation and sunlight damage.
– Garlic fights worms and parasites.
– It boosts digestion, which is good for the whole body.
If you are using garlic as a natural antibiotic, we suggest consuming a whole garlic head a day.
Fresh ginger has antibiotic effect against food borne pathogens like salmonella, listeria and campylobacter. It increases the production of stomach acid and calms indigestion.
If you are going to eat some food that has the potential for food borne illness such as sushi or raw oysters, eat some fresh ginger too in order to use its natural antibiotic properties.
7. Olive Leaf Extract
We already know the health benefits of extra virgin oil, but many people still does not know the antibiotic powers of olive leaf extract.
It is best known after its ability to reduce fever. A Dutch study has shown that elenolic acid, a oleuropein component, has broad spectrum natural antibiotic, which obstructs the growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Echinacea is a herb that many scientists used for their researches. It is widely used to combat infections, especially the common cold and other upper respiratory infections. This herb is also used to fight other infections like the flu, urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, genital herpes, bloodstream infections, gum disease, tonsillitis, streptococcus, syphilis, typhoid, malaria, and diphtheria.
9. Manuka Honey
This raw honey has been used against infections since ancient times. Manuka honey from New Zealand in the best antibiotic for resolving infections.
Manuka honey is effective against more than 250 strains of bacteria, including:
– Helicobacter Pylori (which can cause stomach ulcers)
This honey, which also is a food, is most effective for skin infections, but researches show an internal infection fighting benefit too. Also, bacteria in the cavity that cause dental plaque are reduced with consuming this honey.
10. Pau d’Arco
Candida is most frequently caused by drug based antibiotics.
Pau d’arco is an herb that successfully represses this fungus and significantly reduces the resultant sugar cravings that come with it.