Don’t drink the warm water from the bottle in your car because it can be very dangerous.
FDA and a new study from the University of Florida warned to keep hot or boiling liquids out of packaging containing BPA traces, because of its reactivity with heat.
Polyethylene terephthalate is a material that is used for lots of food and beverage packaging because it is lightweight, durable, and shatterproof. Also, water bottles are made from this material.
When this material is heated, it releases the chemical BPA, which can affect hormone level by mimicking estrogen and can cause health risks if exposed at high levels. This chemical has been banned for use by the FDA in baby bottles and sippy cups.
Although this may happen rarely, drivers can certainly relate to finding a lost water bottle on the floor of the car, which may have been there too long, and taking a sip to quench their thirst. The car’s internal temperature when parked in the sun on a hot summer day can reach between 131 and 172 degrees Fahrenheit.
The singer Sheryl Crow said that bottled water in her car caused her breast cancer. It is the most common cause of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue. The heat comes into contact with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin in the water.
Dioxin chemical leads to cancer, breast cancer in particular. This chemical is highly poisonous to our body cells. Also, do not put plastic bottles in the freezer because it releases dioxins from the bottle. Moreover, do not heat food in the microwave using a plastic container. This is especially important for foods that contain fat.
The combination of fat, high heat and plastic releases dioxin in the food. Instead, use glass or ceramic containers for heating food.
So if you see a bottle lying forgotten in your car, use it to water your plants—an alternative that’s safe and green.
Next time you find a warm water bottle in your car—don’t take a sip. Use it to water your plants instead.
Remember this important information and PLEASE SHARE it your loved ones to warn them of this dangerous habit.