Protein plays an important role in our bodies, as it is responsible for the generation of new cells. It also aids in the repair and maintenance of the body’s existing cells. Children age two up to six as well as active teens and young adults need an average of two six-ounce servings of protein.
Chicken, especially chicken breasts, is one of the healthiest foods, as they are a great source of protein. Chicken breasts are lean and low in calories; therefore, they are the ideal food choice if you are trying to maintain a healthy diet or if you want to lose weight.
Oven-Baked Sriracha Chicken
Chicken breasts are very easy to cook, especially if you have all the ingredients with you. Spicy Oven-Baked Sriracha Chicken is a healthy recipe that is very easy to cook. You can follow the step-by-step guide below:
Prepare the following ingredients:
– Thinly sliced green onions. Separate the green parts from the white parts.
– ¼ cup of hoisin sauce
– 1 tablespoon of minced or grated ginger
– 2 to 3 cloves of minced or grated garlic
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice
– 2 teaspoons of Sriracha sauce
– ¼ teaspoon of Chinese five-star seasoning
– 4 pieces of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
– Spray your 13×9 baking dish using cooking spray and set it aside for later.
– Whisk the hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, seasoning, lime juice, salt, ginger, green onions and garlic in a large bowl.
– Place the chicken breasts in the sauce mixture. Make sure that every piece is coated.
– Place the coated chicken breasts in your baking dish and pour the sauce in.
– Use foil to cover your baking dish and bake the chicken in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
– Once the chicken breasts are cooked, place them on a serving dish and top with sesame seeds and green onions.